WHY WE SHARE

We Share to provide startups and young talent with better opportunities to create impactful innovation. 

WHY STARTUPS AND YOUNG TALENT?

We support impact innovators – startups, scale-ups and students – because of their ability to challenge conventional thinking. Our belief is that their fresh and locally developed solutions hold the key to a more sustainable future and progress for all.

WHY “BETTER” OPPORTUNITIES?

Studies and industry insights suggest that, in the Netherlands, 50-85% of startups fail in the first five years of their existence. The three main causes of these statistics are: 1) a lack of appropriate financial support, 2) poor product-market fit and  3) insufficiently-skilled management teams.

Our community strives to combat these obstacles by providing startups with patient capital at a vital time, under low-interest rates and a long-term vision, as well as experience, services and mentorship. The We Share circular model ensures the sustainability of funding for entrepreneurs.  It also enables us to support ‘riskier’ startups, whose high-impact potential often goes unfulfilled.

WHY IMPACTFUL INNOVATION?

At We Share, we strive to promote a positive impact on society. All startups and students supported by our community are working on local solutions to one or more global challenges identified by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

Read more about the SDGs

HOW DOES WE SHARE WORK?

  1. A Funding Member pledges a small part of their earnings or wealth to the We Share Community. Out of these donations, a maximum of 10%, will be used to cover our overhead costs. The remaining 90% will be reserved to use in the form of ‘Impact Tokens’.
  2. With Impact Tokens, the Funding Member can choose which startup(s) or young talent they wish to support within the Community. This allows supporting the initiatives that are the closest to their heart. Their Impact Tokens will be transferred by We Share to those initiatives upon request.
  3. A Startup exchanges the Impact Tokens received from Funding Members for a We Share Impact Loan. Please check the loan terms.
  4. Ultimately, by the end of the loan term, the Startup will repay the principal and the interest to We Share. The repayments of the loans and interests will then be returned in the form of Impact Tokens to the Funding Members that supported the Startup. These Tokens will not be removed from the Community, but will instead be used to fund new generations of impact startups! This is what we mean by ‘Revolving Impact Capital’ – each contribution to We Share can be re-used to finance future generations of startups and students, making We Share a circular, sustainable fund.
  5. This way, the Startup shows their support of our Share-It-Forward philosophy by making a one-time pledge of 5% of their shares to We Share.
  6. Through their dividends, a Startup will become a We Share Funding  Member (once they are on their feet and start to distribute dividends). The Startup will have completed the circle:  they too will be sharing their success forward to support new generations of entrepreneurs!  Again, the We Share model is made circular – Startups and students become Funding Members, which also makes the capital available for funding within our community grow exponentially.