HOW WE SHARE WORKS
- Funding Members pledge a small part of their earnings or wealth to the We Share Community. Out of these donations, a maximum of 10%, will be used to cover our overhead costs. The remaining 90% will be reserved to use in the form of ‘Impact Tokens’.
- With Impact Tokens, the Funding Member can choose which startup(s) or young talent they wish to support within the Community. This allows supporting the initiatives that are the closest to their heart. Their Impact Tokens will be transferred by We Share to those initiatives upon request.
- A Startup exchanges the Impact Tokens received from Funding Members for a We Share Impact Loan. Please check the loan terms.
- Ultimately, by the end of the loan term, the Startup will repay the principal and the interest to We Share. The repayments of the loans and interests will then be returned in the form of Impact Tokens to the Funding Members that supported the Startup. These Tokens will not be removed from the Community, but will instead be used to fund new generations of impact startups! This is what we mean by ‘Revolving Impact Capital’ – each contribution to We Share can be re-used to finance future generations of startups and students, making We Share a circular, sustainable fund.
- This way, the Startup shows their support of our Share-It-Forward philosophy by making a one-time pledge of 1% of their shares to We Share and thus becoming our Funding Member which enables them to support new impact initiatives in the future.
- Through their dividends, a Startup will become a We Share Funding Member (once they are on their feet and start to distribute dividends). The Startup will have completed the circle: they too will be sharing their success forward to support new generations of entrepreneurs! Again, the We Share model is made circular – Startups and students become Funding Members, which also makes the capital available for funding within our community grow exponentially.
REVOLVING IMPACT CAPITAL
After some years, when supported startups and students have paid back their loans, these redemptions will be kept within We Share and used to support the next generation of startups and students. In addition, once they become profitable and start to distribute dividends, they will become Funding Members and thus will support future generations of startups and students by sharing a slice of their future profits with We Share. Sharing-It-Forward makes We Share revolving.
Global challenges affect us all and remain urgent to solve. We Share focuses on young talent because we believe that startups and students have the ability to challenge conventional thinking and provide fresh, local solutions to global challenges. The startups and students which are supported by We Share are all working on local solutions to one or more global challenges identified by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As such We Share aims to maximise impact.
We Share’s capital consists of contributions by its Funding Members. An important part of We Share’s capital is incorporated in the know-how, expertise and network of its members. Apart from financial support, our members are happy to back up our startups and students even more by allowing them to tap of their experience and knowledge and to give them access to their network.